Hi All,
I came across this link and thought it would be an interesting postscript to the conversation on Stein-Surrealism-language-art. The Surrealist parlour game Trish brought up is called Exquisite Corpse, and the ever useful Wikipedia overview is as follows:
I came across this link and thought it would be an interesting postscript to the conversation on Stein-Surrealism-language-art. The Surrealist parlour game Trish brought up is called Exquisite Corpse, and the ever useful Wikipedia overview is as follows:
"Exquisite corpse is a method by which a collection of words or images is collectively assembled... Each collaborator adds to a composition in sequence, either by following a rule (e.g. "The adjective noun adverb verb the adjective noun") or by being allowed to see the end of what the previous person contributed."
The link I am posting is for a collaborative art project based on the game and I think the results are an interesting visual (re)presentation of the ways that words and images can benefit from being broken down, built up, dissected and manipulated.
Enjoy!
http://www.artichoked.com/art/corpse/
That is SOOOOOOOO cool!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the fantastic link. This is much prettier than the accordianed scribbler stock we used in my creative writing workshops.
ReplyDelete